Monday, February 11, 2013

Autotelic - Autotelic ; Released December, 20, 2010

My first self-produced and self-tracked EP, Autotelic. I had a lot of fun doing this project. It was my first attempt at creating my own EP, doing all the songwriting, arranging, producing, and performing all instruments. The main purpose of making this EP was for me to really get immersed into Ableton Live, a music production software platform. I find that I learn best when I am working towards a big goal and really experimenting with and experiencing what something is about. It isn't perfect, and looking back on it, there is a lot of room for improvement, but hey, ya gotta get started somewhere. Being paralyzed by perfection was something that really affected me, but doing this project really helped me work past it. It's better to get going and embrace mistakes, learn from them, don't let perfection cripple you, and reflect on what you've created. With that being said, the production isn't the best, but I am happy with the songs and the main feel of them. My favorites are C Blues (Every Girl I Touch I Lose) and Death of Me. I think these songs have a really cool and unique feel to them and plan on re-doing them to make them really sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment